A HEALTHY ELECTROLYTE DRINK FOR KIDS THAT TASTES GOOD
Finding a healthy, great-tasting option among electrolyte drinks for your kids can be a difficult task. You certainly can't rely on advertising to make an informed decision. The big brand drinks advertised on television are some of the worst for tons of added sugar, artificial ingredients, and vitamins and minerals that are heavily processed.
Another option to store-bought sports drinks is to make a homemade electrolyte drink. The drink recipe that I looked at had apple juice, coconut water, honey, lime, orange, salt, and ice. It sounds good in theory; however, it still has 15g of sugar per serving. A thirsty child is going to drink more than one serving, and with each serving, the sugar content soars higher.
Something else that comes to mind with a homemade electrolyte drink is prep time. Having kids means a hectic lifestyle, and often you are running out the door, counting heads to make sure you haven't forgotten one of your children.
Unless you are one of those uber-organized moms with everything packed and ready to go the night before, creating a homemade electrolyte drink before a sports game or practice is simply not going to happen, leaving you at the mercy of a store-bought sports drink.
HOW A HEALTHY HYDRATION DRINK IS MADE
Former Olympic athlete Kris Buchanan learned firsthand the long-term effects of drinking sugar-laden, processed sports drinks. From a young age, she was encouraged to drink big brand sports drinks as these were "formulated specifically for athletes."
By doing what many athletes are encouraged to do throughout their careers, she suffered long term health effects as an adult. She had become living proof that long term consumption of excessive sugar, carbohydrates, and processed ingredients in sports drinks had severe health implications as an adult.
She wasn't going to accept it, though; she went back to school for holistic nutrition. Now she uses what she learned to create nutritious food and drinks that nourish the body with simple, real, organic ingredients. HYDRATE is Kris' answer to avoiding big brand hydration drinks.
HYDRATE - HOMEMADE HYDRATION THE EASY WAY
What if I told you that the best homemade hydration solution was available in a portable, reclosable bag, and single-serving packets? It is, and all you have to do is scoop it or pour it into your child's water to create a deliciously light lemonade flavor that they will love to drink. Even if you are counting heads as you're heading out the door, grabbing some HYDRATE and throwing it in your bag won't take up any extra time.
If you do find that you have to stop at the store before practice, all you'll need to get is high-quality bottled water. One tablespoon or a single serving packet of HYDRATE in a bottle of water will give your child all the essential vitamins and minerals they need to stay healthy and hydrated during practice or a big game.
However, it doesn't matter how portable HYDRATE is if your kids won't drink it. That's why so much thought and research went into creating HYDRATE. Although Kris found that when using real, organic ingredients, the taste isn't a problem. They naturally taste great. Who doesn't love the taste of light homemade lemonade on a hot day or any day for that matter? Your kids will love it.
CAN YOU HYDRATE WITH ONLY ONE GRAM OF SUGAR?
Yes, you can! Let's take a look at the fantastic ingredients that go into making HYDRATE.
- Organic Lemon Juice - organic lemon juice provides natural flavor and vitamin C, which is excellent for your immune system, and these days we are all extra concerned about immunity. Store-bought brands would use "lemon flavor," which provides no nutritional value at all.
- Organic Coconut Water - organic coconut water is nature's true hydrator; it is one of the purest forms of potassium on the planet. Potassium plays a crucial role in keeping your body hydrated, and it is vital to have excellent quality potassium in a hydration drink.
- Organic Stevia - organic stevia is a natural sweetener because it comes from a plant, not a laboratory. Some stevia is processed; however, the organic stevia used in HYDRATE is correctly grown and harvested, making it's processing completely natural. It provides natural sweetness with no chemicals or aftertaste.
- Aquamin Magnesium - aquamin magnesium contains trace minerals and electrolytes, which are pivotal in the hydration process. It is also proven to be beneficial for headaches, digestion, and sleep.
- Himalayan Pink Salt - Himalayan pink salt is one of the purest whole food forms of salt on the planet with more than eighty trace minerals. It nourishes cells, the thyroid, and adrenal glands, helps balance hormones and metabolism, and aids in digestion.
- Ascorbic Acid - ascorbic acid is one of the most essential antioxidants for immunity.
So that's a snapshot of what the ingredients of a healthy, great-tasting hydration drink looks like. Great care and consideration go into creating a natural, organic drink, free of all the artificial contaminants hidden in so many regular and sugar-free sports drinks. Finding the perfect ingredients and working with professionals to come up with the ideal solution takes much care and consideration, but the end product is worth it.
HYDRATE is a gift. There is no need to stand in the kitchen and develop a hydration solution for your kids. All the work has been done for you. So while you are counting heads on the way out the door to sports practice or anywhere else, just grab some HYDRATE and throw it in your bag. It will keep your kids healthy and hydrated without all the worry and work. They will love it and so will you.